Public Information Committee Resources
The Public Information Committee is charged with the responsibility to develop a plan to communicate with the citizens of Santa Barbara County about the role and mission of VOAD.
The purpose of this plan will be to address the following objectives:
- To ensure that the citizens of Santa Barbara County are aware of the role that VOAD Member Organizations play in responding to a disaster in our county.
- To ensure that a Public Information process is in place, to disseminate key public safety and recovery resource information to media outlets and the community at large during a disaster event.
- To develop a cadre of volunteers who are in place and are willing to serve in the role of VOAD Emergency Operations Center Liaison during a disaster event.
- To develop an annual plan to recruit additional VOAD Member Organizations.
- To educate the general public about opportunities to contribute funds and goods to VOAD and/or Disaster Related Fund Raising campaigns in partnership with the local foundation and philanthropic community.
Public Information Kiosk Project
This project addresses three primary objectives:
- Develop a financially self-sustaining system for distributing emergency information to the public through kiosks located throughout the Operational Area.
- Promote VOAD throughout the Operational Area and thereby increase VOAD membership among nonprofit organizations and for-profit companies.
- Generate ongoing corporate sponsorship for VOAD activities in the Operational Area.
For more information, see the Letter of Inquiry
submitted to the Orfalea Fund in December 2011.
Public Information Messages